Becoming a babysitter is a rewarding fulfilling job! We are always recruiting babysitters and would love to hear from you! Before applying, please read through the following information carefully.
Information for babysitters
Passionate about working with children
- 18+ years old
- In possession of a BSN number and a work permit (if outside of EU)
- Bachelor degree or working on it
- In possession of a CRB Check document (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag)
- At least one childcare reference
- Fluent in English, second language preferred
Personal skills: trustworthy, caring, reliable, responsible, intelligent and flexible
Is this you? Get in touch
We insist that all of our babysitters are criminal record checked. If you have any queries please give us a call.
Our application process:
We can only work with candidates who are living in the Groningen area (or Netherlands surrounding areas within the North). There is no fee to work with us, and we do not take a share of your salary.
Please send us your CV, a picture of yourself and a motivation letter detailing your babysitter experience. Please include following information:
- Age categories of the children you have looked after and activities you carried out with them
- Responsibilities and duties
- Employment and reasons for leaving
- Details of certificates and qualifications.
- Two references
If we feel you are a great match for our network, we will contact you for an interview. If you are successful we will then train you in our attachment parenting and basic child development course and then look for a position suited to you. We review all applications on a rolling basis and conduct interviews as needed. We do not accept walk-in appointments. Appointments and interviews are only scheduled once we have reviewed your application and CV. We look forward to learning more about you!
Booking process Baby Sitters:
- You send us a request via our online form
- Knufflesitters sends you a profile form. Please provide us with as much detail as possible.
- Once we have read your profile and contacted your references and you have met our requirements. We will then ask that you sign our babysitter’s contract to confirm your Knufflesitters membership and then you will attend training with a psychologist on child development and attachment parenting prior to working as a babysitter or nanny.
The benefits of working with Knufflesitters as either a Nanny or Babysitter
- Free to register, No application or joining fees for nannies or babysitters
- Competitive salary and others benefits
- Free training in child development and attachment theory by a qualified and experienced psychologist
- Regular group coaching and ideas sharing sessions
- You will be joining a community of babysitters and nannies with whom you can experience what it’s like to live and work in the Netherlands.